Come learn about the hidden hints contained within this still life inspired by Our Lady of Fatima.
- Our Lady appeared to Sts. Jacinta and Francisco and Venerable Lucia atop a holm oak tree. Within the vase is a branch from a holm oak tree, an azinheira in Portuguese.
- During her apparitions, Our Lady implored the children to spread her message of praying the rosary every day so also in the vase is a rose for the rosary. It is a golden yellow for the Miracle of the Sun.
- The blue and white vase is inspired by Portuguese hand painted pottery and has dancing sunflowers for how the sun danced during Our Lady's final apparition.
- St. Lucia described her as always having a star on her tunic and a little ball of light hanging from a cord around Our Lady’s neck.
- The cord is in the form of an “M” for the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- The table has a design that is the same as the the Gold embellishments from the mantle of the Capelinha statue sculpted by José Thedin.
- The edge of the table shows how José Thedin depicted the light on her mantle when sculpting the International Pilgrim Virgin Statue (IPVS) of Fatima
- The bullet from the body of St. John Paul II who credits his survival to Our Lady’s Intercession when he was shot on May 13, 1981. He forgave his attempted assassin, and the bullet fit perfectly in the Our Lady’s crown made in 1942.
After I paint or hand letter the art, I digitize them and have them printed on the following substrates:
- 100 lb white linen paper for an elegant and high quality finish.
- high-quality, archival grade, acid-free, 100% cotton rag, 21 mil, 340gsm cold press watercolor paper with a bright white, textured surface.
- 230 gsm neutral-white, archival matte paper.
- Stretched canvas on .75in pine wood stretchers is available for pieces size 8x11in and up. The canvas used is thick archival grade, poly-cotton blend canvas to provide greater durability, and the canvas is pH neutral and acid free so it will not yellow over time
Your print is packaged in a sturdy cardboard mailer or tube to ensure it is delivered safely to your door. Frames and props are not included in your purchase.
This paper and canvas matches Rose Harrington's commitment to deliver the best possible product.
All products at Rose Harrington are made in the USA. These are printed to order so processing is up to two weeks in addition to shipping time.